Support Desk Call Handler/Scheduler
Due to business expansion we are looking for an IT Support Desk Call Handler/Scheduler to join our growing help desk support team based in Pride Park, Derby.
The IT Support Desk Call Handler/Scheduler plays a crucial role in providing effective and efficient technical support to end-users within an organisation. This position requires exceptional customer service skills, and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment. The Call Handler/Scheduler is responsible for promptly responding to incoming calls and scheduling appropriate resources to address support requests. This role requires strong communication skills, problem-solving abilities, and a commitment to delivering high-quality service.
Working hours Monday -Friday 9 – 5:30pm
Think this could be you? Apply today by sending a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
- Answer and manage incoming calls from end-users seeking technical assistance.
- Provide exceptional customer service by actively listening, empathising, and resolving technical issues or escalating them to the appropriate level of support.
- Gather relevant information from callers to accurately log and document support tickets.
- Ensure proper follow-up on all open tickets to keep end-users informed of progress and resolution.
- Troubleshoot and resolve IT-related problems by identifying the root cause and applying appropriate solutions.
- Provide basic technical guidance to end-users on hardware, software, and network-related issues.
- Assist in setting up user accounts, passwords, and access rights in various systems.
- Collaborate with other colleagues to resolve complex technical issues and escalate problems when necessary.
Scheduling and Resource Management:
- Schedule and coordinate IT support resources to ensure timely resolution of support tickets.
- Prioritise and allocate resources based on the urgency and criticality of support requests.
- Maintain an organised schedule and ensure efficient utilisation of available resources.
- Communicate with IT technicians and engineers to confirm availability and assignments.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of support tickets, including detailed descriptions of issues, resolutions, and actions taken.
- Generate regular reports on call volume, response times, ticket status, and other relevant metrics.
- Identify recurring issues and provide suggestions for process improvements to enhance overall efficiency and customer satisfaction.
Customer Service and Training:
- Ensure a positive and professional experience for end-users by delivering exceptional customer service.
- Provide basic IT training and guidance to end-users to promote self-service and reduce support dependency.
- Stay up to date with technological advancements and industry trends to continuously enhance knowledge and skills.
Proven experience as a call handler or in a customer support role, preferably in an IT environment.
Strong knowledge of computer systems and software applications.
Familiarity with ticketing systems and remote support tools.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritise effectively.
Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Training & Career Development
- Annual Pay Reviews
- Team Socialising & Events
£ 22,000 per year, plus monthly commission (10%)